Well, with deadlines at work pretty much compressing my "new media time" to zero, I've been scraping some minimal nighttime cycles to post queued podcast episodes, but haven't been updating the blog here. So, what have you been missing if you aren't subscribed to Blue Box: The VoIP Security Podcast
Well, for starters, we've had some great sessions and interviews coming out of O'Reilly's Emerging Telephony
conference at the end of January in San Francisco:
- Phil Zimmermann session - Phil Zimmermann, creator of PGP encryption, gave a talk where he announced his new ideas about how to better secure VoIP. Excellent session and well worth a listen.
- Brad Templeton (EFF) session - Brad Templeton, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Electronic Frontier Foundation gave a presentation about CALEA and wiretapping. It was quite humorous while still driving home a serious point.
- Asterisk / Ranch Networks interview - In this interview with Mark Spencer and Alex Pavlovsky, we discussed their joint news release about features added to Asterisk that will allow control of Ranch Networks devices as well as security features of Asterisk and the IAX protocol.
Two more interviews are also on their way.... perhaps some late night this week or over the weekend. Additionally, Jonathan and I have recorded our regular shows, featuring:
- WiFi Handset Security Vulnerabilities - Show 13 featured independent security researcher Shawn Merdinger and his work to document security vulnerabilities in SIP WiFi handsets.
- the Emerging Telephony Conference and our face-to-face meeting - In Show #14, Jonathan and I actually met face-to-face for the first time after a year of working together, talking about the ETel show and covered the recent VoIP security news.
- Avaya teleworker interview and Internet Telephony reports - In Show #15 we had a great interview with Rick Robinson and Jerry Ryan at Avaya about their new teleworker set software and also talked a good bit about the Internet Telephony conference.
In each show we had the usual items with listener comments, news items and much more... all that and more has been going on over there. Do check it out
if you are at all interested in VoIP and/or security!
Tags: bluebox, security, voip, voip security, voipsecurity